Research continues to confirm that to fully develop the attitude, knowledge and
skills youth need to make good choices, resist negative peer pressures, and to succeed in life, they need a core set of services, supports, and opportunities. Here are five ways that our writing program impact, enhance and strengthen the capacity of our participants:
- Opportunities for caring, consistent relationships with responsible adult mentors in their community.
- Opportunities for positive social and recreational activities with peers and
- Opportunities to make positive contributions to their family, their
neighborhood, and the community and to feel valued for their contribution.
- Opportunities to learn and test new skills through participation in a wide range
of social, cultural, educational, service, and employability activities.
- Opportunities to assist in the design and implementation of programs and
services in which they participate.